Functional programming enthusiast, DDD practitioner, proficient team player.
Researcher of elegant solutions to complex problems.
A correct and maintainable program derives from clear specifications, exposes sound semantics and allows local reasoning on its code.
Strongly typed functional programming is the most effective technique I found that allow me to write correct and maintainable software.
This is why domain driven design, applied mathematics and modern programming languages like Haskell or Scala are essential tools for me.
I like to continually improve the tools I use: I am an active contributor to Scalaz, the FP library for Scala and NixOS, the purely functional Linux distribution.
For when I must use Java, I have created and open-sourced Derive4J: a tool to ease functional Programming in Java, and I also maintain, with others, the FunctionalJava library.
Lombard Odier Investment Managers
Since October 2016
- Scala microservices (scalaz, akka-stream/http, mongodb, event-sourcing)
- Cloud deployments (Terraform, NixOS, Azure, docker containers)
to September 2016
- Design and development of banking software in Java
- Advisory service, Lucene-based search engine with fined grained permissioning
- CQRS/event-sourcing architectures, functional programming.
- Teaching programming (with Java)
Proactive Partners SA
to November 2014
- Banking software development (CRM and secured chat) in Java
French IRS (Direction Générale des Finances Publiques)
Since September 2011
- Design and development of Java frameworks for batches and services.
- Development of a J2EE framework for a large French administration
- In charge of software integration engineering (Maven, Hudson, Sonar, Ant/Bash scripts)
- Models development : EMF / Acceleo.
- Web app testing with Selenuim.
Git, SBT, Maven
Devops (Terraform, NixOS)
Software architecture (CQRS/Event-Sourcing, operability)
Development methodologies and project management
Haskell, ML, Python, Perl, C++
French (native tongue)
English (quite good despite french accent ;)
Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) : 7/9.
Heterogeneous Parallel Programming (Coursera)
École des Mines (IMT Atlantique)
to October 2009
Graduated from the IMT Atlantique School of Engineering specialized in the Organization and management of information technologies, I am able to deliver a complementary approach on the company information system, through the proficiency in both IT project management and the knowledge of organizations. That's being able to conciliate the operation and environment of the company with strategic and organizational issues of ICT.
... Well, this was the original plan, nowadays I am focusing on programming