Functional programming enthusiast, DDD practitioner, proficient team player.
Researcher of elegant solutions to complex problems.
Free "libre" software evangelist.
A correct and maintainable program derives from clear specifications, exposes sound semantics and allow simple and local reasoning on its code.
Strongly typed functional programming is the most effective technique I found that allow me to write correct and maintainable software.
This is why domain driven design, applied mathematics and modern programming languages like Haskell, Scala, F# are essential tools for me.
For the when I must use Java, I created and open-sourced "Derive4J": a tool to ease functional Programming in Java.
You're looking for a highly skilled professional AND you share this vision of software development? I'm open to consulting opportunities, either remote or in the Romandy area.
Since december 2014
- Design & Development of Banking Software
- CQRS architectures/Event-sourcing
- Functional programming
- Teaching programming (with Java)
Proactive Partners SA
to november 2014
- Banking software development
French IRS (Direction Générale des Finances Publiques)
Since september 2011
- Frameworks conception and development
- Technical expert (support of development and integration teams)
to september 2011
- Development of a J2EE framework for a large French administration. (JBoss)
- In charge of software integration engineering (Maven, Hudson, Sonar, Ant/Bash scripts)
- Models development : EMF / Acceleo.
- Web app testing with Selenuim.
Orvault City Council
to january 2009
- Design and recommendations for a collaborative extranet portal.
University of Salford
to july 2008
- Identified issues and limitations of the current IT service monitoring solutions.
- Benchmarked monitoring solutions on the market (technically, functionalties and usability).
- Designed and documented a high-availability, virtualized cluster to support the new solution (stack: DRBD/HeartBeat/OpenVZ linux/VMware).
- Unified and integrated all monitoring services into selected solution (Zenoss).
- Assisted in the procurement of needed hardware, software and training.
BankSearch Information Consultancy, Ltd
to august 2007
- Designed and deployed a web security framework to a mortgage lending statistics extranet (ASP.Net, MS Analysis Server).
- Initiated other trainees to the use and programming of a content management system.
Redon City Council
to august 2006
- Designed the city council web site and developed application modules (Typo3 CMS).
- Devised the web site in compliance with accessibility requirements.
- Helped heads of departments to define site map and contents.
- Implemented search engine optimizations.
- Trained web site editors to the use of the content management system.