Functional programming enthusiast, DDD practitioner, proficient team player.
Researcher of elegant solutions to complex problems.
A correct and maintainable program derives from clear specifications, exposes sound semantics and allows local reasoning on its code.
Strongly typed functional programming is the most effective technique I found that allow me to write correct and maintainable software.
This is why domain driven design, applied mathematics and modern programming languages like Haskell or Scala are essential tools for me.
I like to continually improve the tools I use: I am an active contributor to Scalaz, the FP library for Scala and NixOS, the purely functional Linux distribution.
For when I must use Java, I have created and open-sourced Derive4J: a tool to ease functional Programming in Java, and I also maintain, with others, the FunctionalJava library.
Lombard Odier Investment Managers
Since October 2016
- Scala microservices (scalaz, akka-stream/http, mongodb, event-sourcing)
- Cloud deployments (Terraform, NixOS, Azure, docker containers)
to September 2016
- Design and development of banking software in Java
- Advisory service, Lucene-based search engine with fined grained permissioning
- CQRS/event-sourcing architectures, functional programming.
- Teaching programming (with Java)
Proactive Partners SA
to November 2014
- Banking software development (CRM and secured chat) in Java
French IRS (Direction Générale des Finances Publiques)
Since September 2011
- Design and development of Java frameworks for batches and services.
- Development of a J2EE framework for a large French administration
- In charge of software integration engineering (Maven, Hudson, Sonar, Ant/Bash scripts)
- Models development : EMF / Acceleo.
- Web app testing with Selenuim.
University of Salford
- Deployed an IT service monitoring solutions (Zenoss).
- Designed and documented a high-availability, virtualized cluster to support the new solution (stack: DRBD/HeartBeat/OpenVZ linux/VMware).
BankSearch Information Consultancy, Ltd
- Designed and deployed a web security framework to a mortgage lending statistics extranet (C#, MS Analysis Server).
Redon City Council
- Designed the city council web site and developed application modules (Typo3 CMS), in compliance with accessibility requirements.
- Helped heads of departments to define site map and contents.
- Trained web site editors to the use of the content management system.